Wednesday, July 12, 2006

One Pissed Off American Citizen

The U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 4111 yesterday by a vote of 317 to 93.
How much longer "are we the people" going to put up with this bullshit. This bill will restrict 25 million Americans from playing poker online but allows online horse race betting and lottery ticket purchases.

Supporters of this bill say online poker supports drug dealers and terrorists by providing a front for money laundering. That the owners of these sites prey on children and addicted gamblers. Give me a freaking break! Have they lost their minds. Do they really think Party Poker is run by Osama Bin Laden from a cave in Afhganistan. Or is it that "we the people" are just not as important as the good buddy network and its circle of palm greasers. That is until election time rolls around when we are bombarded with posters of snakes in the grass. All disguised as clean cut, well tailored, up standing citizens who want to make a personal sacrifice and represent us in government. Yeah right, I'm not buying it anymore.

I for one am sick and tired of allowing this country to be governed by lawyers and businessmen that are motivated by greed and self interest with no concern for the desires of the people they represent. Such as Rep. Mike the moron McIntyre(D,NC) that voted in favor of this bill on my behalf. Even after I and many others sent e-mails and letters to his office expressing our desire to have online poker regulated for the purpose of generating tax revenues. Does adding billions of dollars to the tax base sound like a good idea. Apparently not to Mikey, but I have to make that assumption as Mikey didn't feel it was important enough to respond to my e-mail with his position on the matter prior to voting on this ridiculous bill.

Mr McIntyre be advised, not only will I not be voting for you in future elections but I will be actively campaigning to see that you are never elected to any office ever again. If this bill happens to pass into law, I will have quite a bit of time on my hands that was previous spent playing online poker. Guess what I'll be doing with it. Be sure to visit my new web site: mikes-a-moron.com (coming soon)

Now I'm going to plaster this post on as many click exchanges as I can. Here is a list of other morons that voted for this bill. See if your Rep. is on it.

Fellow bloggers If you stumble across this post please comment, trackback or link to this post. Thanks very, very much!

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: