Monday, July 31, 2006

Is Tony G Poker Safe?

According to the Lotteries and Gaming Authority of Malta web site, they licence 4 online poker sites (http://cert.lga.org.mt/)

  • gamesgrid.com
  • pokerchamps.com
  • poker4ever.com
  • redstarpoker.com

Of these four, pokerchamps and poker4ever have recently closed U.S. accounts. I spoke with redstar and was told they presently allow U.S accounts but they couldn't assure me that they would not being closing them in the immediate future.

Gamesgrid has not responded to my requests for information but it is my understanding that they and Tony G Poker are both owned and licenced by Skill Games Ltd. so if they enacted a ban it would include Tony G Poker.

With the closing of U.S. accounts at 50% of the LGA licenced poker sites of which tonygpoker.com is part of. Can Tony really assure U.S. players that their money is safe at his site. That they will not be banned in the near future unless further legislation is enacted to clearly make internet poker illegal in the U.S. and if such were to take place they would be giving a reasonable amount of time to withdraw their funds?

From what Tony has told me at his blog he has no administrative control at Tony G Poker which leads me to believe he can't personally make the above guarantees and that any U.S player depositing at his site is taking a huge risk.

Technorati Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to make a withdrawal from Gamesgrid more than 3 weeks ago...they repeatedly ignore my emails requesting an explanation for the delay, for their silence, and of course asking why they refuse to respond to my emails...oh yes, the jokers calling themselves the Lotteries and Gaming Authority of Malta, keep responding to my complaint by requesting that I send them details of my complaint, and each time I do they request the same again.

If you have any money with Gamesgrid, you have probably already lost it.