Saturday, March 18, 2006

Money it's a Gas

George Washington was a believer in and frequently quoted the French proverb: "Gambling is the child of avarice (greed), the brother of iniquity and the father of mischief."

Although the first President and a accomplished farmer, I have to disagree with Mr Washington on his views on gambling.

If I never made another dime playing poker, the friendships that I have kindled and the interactions that I have had with people all over the globe, that I other wise would not have experienced, have made my time spent at the cyber felt worth everything I have invested ten times over.

I bet with the patience and disipline that the first President displayed in all his endeavors, he would have been a hell of a fine poker player.(I also bet he grew some killer green)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pink floyd, Money its a gas