Thursday, June 08, 2006

Poker Highlights and SEO

Ok, so your wondering what the hell is SEO. It stands for Search Engine optimization and it pertains to getting the highest search engine ranking of your website or blog. What does this have to do with poker? Nothing so down load this Poker Video while I explain why I even mention the subject on a poker blog. (The Video is cool)



Trying to get traffic to a blog is every authors goal. Why? Who knows, maybe its to get some kind of recognition for their hard work. Maybe some think the additional traffic might actually click on one of the ads or sign up as an affiliate on one of the poker sites listed in the menu on the right. (go ahead, do it I dare you)

One of the tricks to getting visitors to your blog is getting a good rating with search engines like Google and Yahoo. This is what SEO is all about. Some companies pay big buck to hire experts to make suggestions on how they can get a better listing with these search engines.

I have read that some unscrupulous kinds resort to what is called keyword stuffing. This is considered bad behavior and frowned upon. Sort of like spamming. These low lives put top keywords into their sites even tho these words have nothing to do with the subject of their site. Example: if I were to say, visit this site to see a wild sex orgy with Jennifer Anniston, Angelina Jolie, Shakira and Brad Pitt. Now I would never do something like this and it really irks me when I see this. Do people really search the web looking for "wild sex orgies with Jennifer Anniston, Angelina Jolie, Shakira and Brad Pitt." Maybe if your Paris Hilton naked with Jaleel White getting drunk at the 2006 World Cup. I guess there could even be some weirdo searching to see if Britney Spears and Ann Coulter are scheduled to compete in the WWE main event but I think not. I could see some impatient housewife wanting to see the latest pictures of Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt in Hello Magazine. I think I'll just wait until they are posted in the Wikipedia.

Now the big question is, would using the current top 15 searched phrases listed below really help with your search engine rating?

1. Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt
2. World Cup 2006
3. Angelina Jolie
4. Shakira
5. WWE
6. Wikipedia
7. Paris Hilton
8. Britney Spears
9. Jennifer Aniston
10. RuneScape
11. Jaleel White
12. Rihanna
13. Hello Magazine
14. Ann Coulter
15. Limewire

I don't know but I'll let you know tomorrow. For now I'm off to play a little RuneScape while I listen to Rihanna and download Limewire.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: